A brief FAQ:
1) Where is this ? West coast of new zealand a few miles north of Rapahoe
2) How do you get down to this beach? Just past the 10 mile creek bend heading north, there's a small pullout with a fisheries sign. A short steep path gives access to the southern end of the beach
3) Is the beach always like this ? Nope - it is very tide dependent and views like this are only possible at the nadir of low tide - and try to make sure it's a very low tide!
4) Will I get wet? Yes! despite low tide, waves will still come at you over this shelf submerging it entirely and jumping off means you will be even deeper.
5) Was it worth it? YES!
6) Are there nudists in the area? ummm yea, on our first visit we were leaving after dark with our 2 year old on my back. Instead of clambering up, we knocked on the door of someone's house to ask if we could walk through their nicely stepped backyard. We were greeted with a friendly but bottoms down nude guy ushering us through......
A video of Charlotte's wanderings in New Zealand can be found here : Charlotte walks New Zealand and Sydney[Flickr] [Facebook] [Web Gallery] [500px]